Monday, September 5, 2011

Vacation - a day on the lake

So, J and I decided that we couldn't go to the lake this year without renting a boat. I am so glad he pushed for this, it was an absolute blast. When we got to the Marina the boys immediately headed for the dock so they could feed the fish and turtles. I must admit - after seeing these GIANT fish begging for food (seriously), it made me a little nervous about getting into the lake. However, I overcame that thought and decided to relax and enjoy what the day would bring.
Even Kate was amazed by those enormous things!

From the start all Evan wanted to do was "get in lake". Poor guy, the search for the "perfect" spot took a little longer than anticipated due to one minor hiccup that we weren't planning on - no anchor. What? Really? Yes, that's right, no anchor. So . . . we had to find a spot calm enough to stop and swim and hope that the boat wouldn't get too far away from us in the process. It was a bit tricky at first and the kiddos were getting antsy, hot, hungry, etc...

However, we found a spot and this is the response we get. Pure bliss. : )

Sweet girl. Honestly, we drag her around from place to place more than I care to admit and she just hangs in there with a smile and little complaint. All she needs is some attention, snacks, a place to rest and she's good to go. Lucky us, right?

Apparently Luke likes to play it safe when swimming in the lake. Take note of the life jacket, his muscles and the noodle. I think you're good, buddy. He loved it.

What a great day to be on the water. Thanks, daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment