The boys got some amazing new stuff for Christmas. They spend most of their days playing cars. I'm great with that, but sometimes they need (I think) to take a break from that and do something else. So (I'm turning over a proactive leaf, ha) we have started doing/playing some "educational" stuff throughout the day. I have found the best time to sneak this stuff in is when they are already at the table during breakfast or lunch.
Evan is getting better with letter recognition and has discovered that he really likes his new Tag Junior. I can't believe we didn't have one of these before now. It's been really awesome when we're waiting in the line at school to pick Luke up. A very nice distraction.
Before Christmas Luke got very upset because he couldn't write his name. It was sad. I feel like I'm good a reading to the kids, but I'm not so great with art stuff or just giving them time to draw, paint, whatever. Each time I try, they are entertained for a few minutes and then want to move on to something else, so I just kind-of stopped trying. Well, not anymore! Luke got an awesome tracing book with dry erase markers and he loves it. Seriously - check out the word "rose". No joke, he did that all by himself. I just know he'll be able to write his name in no time!


No comments:
Post a Comment