Since it was just us we had time to do activities that we normally wouldn't be able to do with all three in tow. He actually was able to do all five activities offered there! The pictures above are of the mining area. He loved it. He sifted through a big bag of stuff and eventually ended up with some really cool stones/rocks that we were able to take home.
Another first for Luke today was a pony ride! I wasn't sure he would actually go through with it once we got there, but he did! My kids never cease to amaze and surprise me. Just when I think they won't like something or won't be willing to try, they prove me wrong. I love that.
Ok seriously . . . this was the coolest. I wish we would have had more time. Luke chose the order of the day and saved fishing for last. Well, that only left about 10 minutes to fish since we had to meet his class for lunch. Ugh, we could have spent at least an hour there. He caught a fish (his first!) within 5 minutes of being there, so that was great! Oh my - once he caught the fish I kind-of freaked a little . . . I'm not overly girlie but I'm not into taking the fish off the hook. Luckily there was a nice man next to us that graciously took the fish off the hook for me. Whew.
Me and my sweet guy on the hayride. This picture was taken before 43, yes 43 pre-school aged kids got on. Needless to say it was not a comfortable ride.
One more thing he got to do was feed the baby goats. We haven't tried doing this since we lived in STL and he tried to feed the goats at Grant's Farm. It was a hot mess back then since the goats attack anyone carrying a bottle. This was the perfect set-up, we stood outside the gate and all the goats came to us = no jumping. Nice.




No comments:
Post a Comment