Today the weather is gorgeous. It's one of those days that just begs for you to be outside. And that is exactly what we did. The kids played and played until I realized I should probably put them down for naps at some point. As I was reviewing the pictures I took while I was out there with them I was overcome with emotion.
Luke is going to be 5!!! Where has the time gone? How has it been five years already? I can remember the day I had him so vividly. There are so many memories that I already have about this guy. He was the easiest baby. He traveled well, slept great, and even transitioned into being an older brother effortlessly. He's super smart. He asks questions that I can't even begin to answer at times. He loves to draw. In fact, he continues to ask me on a daily basis when he's going to be able to draw . . . fill in the blank. I smile and tell him to keep practicing and I'm sure he'll figure it out before long. He has a strong interest in learning to write and learning how to read. He's already started sounding out words and spelling a few three letter words by sounding them out on his own. He amazes me. He is his brothers best friend and amazingly patient with Kate. We love him to pieces. FIVE . . . wow.
Then there is little miss. Goodness. Two? Now I'm really reeling. If five years has flown by I can not express how quickly the last two have gone. Kate is by far the most strong willed of our three kids. She blows my mind with how quickly she can change her mood if something isn't what SHE wants. However, MOST of the time she is sweet, loving, compliant and entertaining. She adores her brothers and she adores pestering them. Luke is much better with handling her peskiness than Ev. Evan tends to take her very personally (along with everything else - but that's another post in itself:)). Kate enjoys coloring, playing kitchen and pushing her babies in the stroller. Honestly as long as she's got something to entertain her, she's good to go.
Now it's time for me to wrap my head around two upcoming birthday's and how my babes are growing up so quickly. Sheesh.


No comments:
Post a Comment