Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sewing

Ok, so as I mentioned, my obsession  interest with sewing is back. I recently purchased a few patterns and have made Little Miss a few things. So much fun. Last night my cousin, Blair, came over after the kiddos went to bed and we got to sewing. I was very excited for a couple of reasons - obviously a chance to visit with my sweet cousin, but also to try out my new serger (thanks, Doug and Lin)  and see what it could do!!! 
All was going swimmingly until my newly loved serger decided to go berserk and stop working properly. Ah, I was beginning to stress . . . not cool. But about an hour or so (yes, seriously) later Blair and I figured the problem out! Note to self and others . . . you have to thread the silly thing in a certain order or it gets MAD (temperamental little thing). Anyway, all ended well and we both achieved our goal - a super cute sunsuit for our little gals (Blair's baby Hazel is due in June). 
 Ruffle goodness! Check out those serged edges!
 And . . .  always a plus - it fits!!!! I think she likes it. 
Oh goodness. I went to the store to do some grocery shopping (Wal-Mart) and just happened upon the fabric department. Could not pass up $1.50 a yard. Sigh, I guess I'll have to sew some more. Darn. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment