Sunday, March 18, 2012

Mini-Vacation

Justin had the week off and we decided to take a last minute trip to St. Louis. We has such a GREAT time. We haven't been there since we moved back to KC nearly 2 years ago. As soon as we got there I whipped out my camera and (eek) the battery was dead and I had left the charger at home. I had a brief a moment of panic and then quickly realized that we could snap pictures with our phones and I would probably be more present anyway. So, I relaxed and had a wonderful time. Anyway, we stayed at a hotel just outside of the city. They had an indoor pool, which the kids LOVED. We packed our days full of kid-friendly adventures. We were able to go to the zoo (amazing, as always), Suson Park, Lewis Park, West County mall play area (due to rain), the Museum of Transportation, and the Chesterfield Mall play area on the way out of town. We absolutely wore them out, but we think they had a fantastic time in the process. Oh and we were going to hit up The Magic House but remembered that it was Spring Break and decided to avoid that mess.  We hadn't realized how much we missed St. Louis until we were there this week. It's an awesome city that offers so much for kids (lots of stuff is FREE!). 
After dinner dessert and coffee in the Central West End on our first night in town.
Suson Park. I asked Luke if he remembered going there. His response, "nope". 
Our first visit to the Transportation Museum. OMG, I can't believe we missed out on this little gem when we lived there. So cool. A bit pricey, but they do have membership options that would have been great to know about back then. 

Randomness in these pictures. Two exhausted babes, a delicious night out to eat, dinosaur friends, stink face, a little spring shoe shopping and cute boys. 
Oh Dewey's Pizza how we missed you. This was our "we're leaving" meal. Oh this place is good. We rarely were able to eat out when we lived in St Louis but when we did we splurged on Dewey's. J and I have been disciplined with our eating over the past few months but this was so worth the fat/calories/carbs, blah, blah, blah. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment