Friday, March 9, 2012

Our kitchen

The kids have a table and chairs that were given to us from J's sister, but after much use the table leg decided to give out. There was only so much wood glue the poor thing could stand. So began my search for a new set. I knew that I wanted a bigger table this time and 4 chairs. We found a cute table at Nebraska Furniture Mart, but with a 200 dollar price tag, it just wasn't cutting it. That and I didn't like the color and definitely couldn't justify paying that much and then having to paint it. So, I turned to craigslist . . . 
I found this baby for 60 bucks! It is a SOLID piece of furniture, is larger than our previous set and has 4 chairs. PER-FECT. It was in pretty good shape, too. Nothing a little sticker peeling (Ev thought it was pretty cool that his name was on this chair), sanding and paint couldn't fix.
This is the table and chairs now. I love it. I painted the table with Martha Stewart's Seaglass (so pretty) and then painted the chairs a gunmetal gray. Now instead of having a table in the kitchen that we never use and collects junk, the kids have a place to do artwork, eat breakfast at, play cars on, etc.... (and collect junk). Fun.
While I was at it, I figured the rest of the kitchen could use a little face-lift. I painted the walls in Martha Stewart's Bedford Gray (so soothing), found some cheap accent pieces and even re-purposed a couple pictures. I am super happy with the change and it was just over 100 dollars to change (that's including the table and chairs!!). Awesome. 

2 comments:

  1. Jayme, you can come re-decorate my house any time! The table looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete