Saturday, February 16, 2013

Evan's Field Trip

A couple of weeks ago Evan and I went to Burr Oaks Nature Center with his class. I was SO excited to go on this field trip, not because of the freezing weather or the really cool stuff that we got to see, but I got to hang out with my sweet boy (JUST THE TWO OF US!!!). That NEVER happens. I get 1-on-1 with Kate when the boys are at school and there are times that Luke gets up from resting while Ev is sleeping, but I can not remember the last time just Ev and I got to be together alone . . . you get the point. 
This is my sweet guy on the way there. I don't think he stopped talking the entire car ride. I think he was soaking up all the attention he was getting and that he actually was able to complete a sentence without being interrupted! 

Each of the kids were given something to do with nature (they discussed the four seasons). Ev had a ladybug (he loved that) and took it up during the Spring discussion. 

This is a blurry picture, but I just loved his expression. He is so full of love and curiosity. He was so fun to watch. 

The field trip wrapped up early and we didn't have to be back to school to pick Luke up for about an hour so I asked Evan if he wanted to go on a "hot chocolate date" with me . . . needless to say he is still talking about our "date". We went to Starbucks and got a little sweet treat to go along with our drinks. We sat at the window bar and just chatted and laughed. I am so thankful for that morning with him. I can't wait to have another. 
I love you, Ev. You are such a joy to be around. 


No comments:

Post a Comment