Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A taste of Summer and being thankful

The weather has not been very cooperative over the past week or so. I thought by now we would have been to the pool at least a few times. But, no, it's been too cold and rainy. The cold is frustrating, but the rain is just annoying. Enough rain already, we want some sun and pool time. Enough fussing. 
The kids have been begging to get to the pool, but since that isn't an option, we adjusted our water play and turned to the sprinkler. It was not planned. The kids and I were eating lunch on the deck and I decided to surprise them with it afterwords. Hints the play clothes and not swimsuits. They were surprised and had an absolute blast. They would have stayed out there all day. I may have let them if it weren't for mud pits and blue lips. Another day kiddos, another day. 



As I sat on the steps taking pictures and watching them play, I soaked them in. Their happiness, playfulness and love for each other. I feel so incredibly blessed to be their mom. I feel so lucky to be able to spend the time with them that I do. 



They are precious gifts from God and I am so thankful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment