Luke is definitely the "first born" He tends to take on the "responsible" role and is more bossy. He's also an observer. He is not quick to try new things without watching first. But once he decides to do something, he generally picks up quickly. He is an awesome helper. Whenever I need him to do something for me, he rarely protests and is eager to please. He's an awesome kid and big brother. He can be a bit jealous at times. If Evan is doing something or has something that Luke wants, watch out. He has been known to throw an absolute fit. Obviously that isn't something we condone, so we're working on in it. We're getting there.
Oh boy. This guy is a riot. As I've mentioned before, Evan is a stinker at times in the attitude department (another thing we're working on), but he is an absolute lover. He snuggles on me any chance that he gets (which I adore). He has a soft spot for his brother and sister, too. When it comes to Luke he wants to please him. He gets Luke's cars for him or grabs his cup when Luke asks. Small stuff. With Kate, it's more the "I'm the big brother" role. When Evan and Kate are alone he's more apt to play with her, share his stuff, "show" her how to do something. As long as she's not taking his stuff, they get along quite nicely.(They've even started wrestling (gently) - no joke).
And then there is this sassy gal. Kate is definitely giving me (us) a run for my money. She may be the most independent yet. Maybe that's a third thing? Although she is super laid back, she's beginning to develop an opinion. She absolutely knows what she wants and doesn't want. She wants to "play" with her brothers so bad, but they just are not interested. She knocks towers down, scatters cars, grabs books, turns the T.V. off in the middle of a show. She's ONE. What can I do? I try to distract her with puzzles, books, Little People or anything that may deter her from bothering the boys, but they are who she wants. Not me. At least in the play-time situation. They'll figure it out.
Whew, that was a long one, but I just want to remember everything (impossible, I know). Maybe it's the time of year, but I'm feeling terribly nostalgic lately.



No comments:
Post a Comment