Ok, so Ev is now 2 1/2 and we (J and I both!) feel like it is time for him to start the potty training process. Ugh, if only it were that easy. Evan is a sweet boy but he is also one of the most stubborn, bull-headed and short-tempered boys I know. He as ZERO interest in going potty anywhere but in his diaper. Seriously. With much convincing I finally got him to put some big boy underwear on and give the potty chair (PC) a chance. We started the morning by watching Cars 2 in the living room, while sitting on the PC, nope. Nothing, not a single drop. So, I let him up to play for a bit and then we went in the bathroom to try again. After 15 minutes of sitting on the PC, standing at the toilet, sitting on the toilet, and back to the PC . . . still NOTHING. Ugh, but I wasn't going to get discourage, nor was I going to let him get discouraged. So we got up, washed our hands and put the CUTE undies (can you call boys underwear undies???) and headed back out to play for a bit. Well ...
After all these cute pictures and several attempts, he went in his underwear. Not surprising, I suppose. The real kicker though is after I got him and the floor cleaned up he repeated the incident 15 minutes later. Oh good grief. I WILL NOT GIVE UP. I am committed to staying home for the next few days and continuing this process. Not sure what progress we'll make, but I'm dedicated to the cause! Ha, wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment